Resources on Sequels: [in process]
- JASNA’s AGM in Chicago, October 2-5, 2008, is on “Austen’s Legacy: Life, Love, & Laughter”… There are many planned talks and sessions on the mysteries, the continuations and sequels, all part of Austen’s legacy to us today. For more information see the JASNA website.
- On the JASNA-Southwest website, there are a number of terrific Austen-sequel book reviews by Natasha Zwick in the spring 2008 newsletter: click here and scroll down for that issue: http://www.jasnasw.org/newsletter.htm
- Head to Austenprose for a fine listing of sequels: scroll down the sidebar to see all the links for “Austen-esque Prose” listing many if not all sequels.
- The Completions, Continuations & Adaptations of her Novels, by Rolf Breuer [to 2000]
- The Jane Austen Sequels Page, another list…
- On Jane Odiwe’s Blog, Jane Austen Sequels, you will find the ongoing online sequel “Lydia Bennett’s Story.” [the book is also available for purchase on Amazon.com]
- Amazon.co.uk listing of available Austen sequels.
- A Victorian Web article on “Mrs. Hubback’s ‘The Younger Sister'” a completion of The Watsons, published in 1850, and another on “Nostalgia and Mobility in Austen’s Sequels”
- Several sequel reviews at Jane Austen Today Blog, and at Jane Austen’s World Blog Ms. Place offers a fine review of Birchall’s book, and at Austenblog there are also several sequel reviews.
Book Reviews of Sequels:
1. Mrs. Darcy’s Dilemma, by Diana Birchall, Sourcebooks 2007.
- See our review at Jane Austen in Vermont
- Diana Birchall’s Blog Light, Bright & Sparkling, and her website listing of her other books.
- Amazon.com: synopsis, reviews, etc.
2. Lydia Bennett’s Story, by Jane Odiwe,