Today is the day! – the Kickstarter campaign of The Jane Game has been launched!
I first posted on this here in January 2013 – now it is time for you to sign on and help with getting this Jane Austen trivia game completed for distribution – a donation of $40. [or more!] will get you a copy of the game as well as the satisfaction of helping a Jane Austen entrepreneur. The Kickstarter website is here, where you will find the details of the game, the Rules of the game, and the various donation categories – you have until December 14, 2013 to sign on… I just did, and hope you will too!
The Jane Game is a trivia board game devoted to Jane Austen’s six novels. It is designed to bring Austen admirers together to share in her stories, characters, wit and language. While playing, each participant enters Jane’s world as one of her heroines. As such, you seek after a fortunate life by becoming an accomplished woman, gaining life experience and choosing to marry or not. Through chance, expertise and choice you could become the envied Mrs. Darcy, the pitied Mrs. Collins or the new roommate of Miss Bates.
And here are a few words from creator Elizabeth Bankhead on what to expect:
Experience Section: The Jane Game gives you the experience of:
- Entering Jane Austen’s world
- Sharing in the merriment with your friends
- Becoming more acquainted with Austen’s novels and encouraging us to want to read her more
Unique Section: The Jane Game
- Is a shared experience
- Is the only board game that has trivia from all 6 of Jane’s beloved novels
- $37 and shipping is free; after the Kickstarter campaign it will be $40 +shipping
- Kickstarter ends on December 14, 2013
- Kickstarter is a method through which we can give small amounts of money that together will equal a large sum…which, in this case, will be the cost of manufacturing the game
- If you give the cost of the game, then you will get a game, which basically means you are pre-ordering
- If we do not reach our goal, your credit card doesn’t get charged. This protects you and me. It gives a guarantee that you will receive a nice product and guarantees that I won’t be stuck with promises I cannot keep because I do not have enough money
Why pledge now?
- You Become a Founder: As such, you become part of The Jane Game. Welcome! Your name is placed on our website and you get to take part in some of the decisions for the game’s future.
- Get the Game…and First: You get The Jane Game, which is “loveliness itself,” is it not? If we are able to do a larger print run and can sell them, you get the game before any other distribution begins.
- We Need You: We have covered the cost of the game’s development, but we cannot manufacture and ship the game to you without your support.
- Free Shipping: We are covering the cost of shipping to many areas of the world, which will not be the case if it goes retail.
Click here to see The Jane Game video
- Kickstarter website: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1008284137/the-jane-game-a-jane-austen-trivia-board-game
- The Rules of the game: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8xf9vPXdJlrQmRTNXBHeExmdWc/edit
- Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TheJaneGame
- Twitter page: https://twitter.com/thejanegame
[Text and images courtesy of The Jane Game and Elizabeth Bankhead]