–Jane Austen, Northanger Abbey
Off to the AGM in Chicago…will post on the many adventures upon my return…!
But before I depart, here are a few items worth sharing:
*JASNA has posted online the book reviews in its Summer News issue; there are reviews for the following books (this is great resource for book reviews: scroll down for other issues)
- Cambridge Edition of Sense and Sensibility
- The Letters of Mrs Lefroy: Jane Austen’s Beloved Friend [by our very own Janeite Kelly!]
- The Lost Memoirs of Jane Austen and Mrs. Elton in America
- Governess: The Lives and Times of the Real Jane Eyres
- Jane Austen’s Philosophy of the Virtues
*Want to go back in time? here is an article with some sobering insights on real life in the past we so hanker for: “Back in the Good Old Days”at WalesOnline.
*On the Janeites discussion group, there was a post with the following quizzes, all Austen-related:
*See this travel blog that treks in search of Darcy, with many pictures of Chatsworth and other sites relating to P&P.
*The Independent reports of the “re-invention” of High Tea and Afternoon Tea in London and environs as a way to fill up at less the cost….and in grand style!