The 12 Days of Christmas:
- Day 1: A Minitaure Edition of Emma
- Day 2: A Literary Tour with Susannah Fullerton, President of the Jane Austen Society of Australia
- Day 3: A Jane Austen Bracelet
- Day 4: Tony Heaton’s Greetings from England Cards
Day 5: Jane Austen Bandages
Ok, this is not essential, but a friend sent me these for Christmas, so I must share – the tin alone is really a must-have…
From Pride and Prejudice to Bandages and Boo-boos
Even Lords and Ladies sometimes require bandages. Why not use first aid to communicate the level of your taste and education? These playful bandages pay homage to everyone’s favorite romantic English novelist. Each of the fifteen plasters (that’s British for bandages, by the way) has either one of two images of Jane Austen or one of seven quotations* from her best works. Even if the alluring image of Jane Austen doesn’t distract you from your pain, you can soothe your scrapes with a FREE temporary tattoo. Latex-free adhesive.
* one of the quotations: “For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn.”
Available from Accoutrements, Seattle, WA:
- Accoutrements – http://www.accoutrements.com/shop/ [wholesale]
- Archie McPhee – http://www.mcphee.com/shop/ [retail] – $4.95
One can almost look forward to scratches and scraped knees!
Thanks Deb for an idea for a great gag gift for my Mom’s birthday on the 23rd, an even bigger JA fan than I am! This is so much better than picking through leftover merchandsise from post holiday sales. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas.
Aren’t these great! – your Mom will love them! – here’s to my being a better correspondent in 2013!
Pingback: All I Want for Christmas? ~ Anything Jane Austen Please! ~ Day 6: Jane Austen’s Complete Novels (in One Sitting) « Jane Austen in Vermont
Pingback: Praising Emma Thompson « Beverly Farr