The July/August 2013 (No 64) edition of Jane Austen’s Regency World magazine is now out – watch out for it in your mailbox over the next few weeks. In the new issue you can read about:
- Austenland: we speak to Jerusha Hess about her new film depicting one woman’s amazing hunt for her Mr Darcy
- Read our exclusive preview of this year’s Jane Austen Festival in Bath
- The Countess of Jersey, serial adulteress and debauchee is this issue’s Regency Rogue
- Letters from Jane: a look at Austen’s correspondence
- Plump cheeks and thick ankles: Jane Austen used appearance to size up her characters
- A social reformer and a place called Harmony: the tale of Robert Owen
Subscribe today to Jane Austen’s Regency World, the full-colour, must-read, glossy magazine for fans of the world’s favourite author – delivered to your doorstep every two months direct from Bath, England. Plus reports from Austen societies in the UK, US and Australia; news, letters, book reviews, quiz and much, much more!
[Text and image from JARW Magazine]
Reblogged this on Austenprose – A Jane Austen Blog and commented:
A new issue of our favorite Jane Austen-inspired magazine Jane Austen’s world is available. Did you know that it is now available digitally so you can read it on your iPad, NOOK, Kindle or other tablet devices? This was the best news possible for me and I did the happy dance all day.
I am sharing with you Deb Barnum of Jane Austen in Vermont’s excellent announcement of the release of the new issue. Enjoy!
The picture on the front is fantastic, Deb. I love the references.. Is it meant to be a sort of Steam punk interpretation except with modern technology?
Nice to hear from you Laurel Ann and that last sentence of your is amazing.. Love the creativity!!!
All the best,
Pingback: Jane Austen World-Supersized Darcy! | The Weird, The Wonderful and The Awful