Please visit this Auction site to see what’s on offer from the North American Friends of Chawton House – their annual auction that coincides with the JASNA AGM (just completed): https://www.nafch.org/agm-2021-auction
The auction goes until this Friday October 22, 2021 at 12:00 pm EDT
1. Late nineteenth-century, wooden writing slope with mother-of-pearl detail. English. When closed: 8½ x 12 x 4¾ inches. (Est. $250)
2. Jane Austen, Sense and Sensibility, in Richard Bentley’s “Standard Novels and Romances” series (London, 1846). In original trade binding, stamped with “2/6” on spine. Extremely rare. (Est. $650-1000)
3. Antique gold chainmail coin purse. 3¼ inches. Edwardian, circa 1902. (Est. $100-250+)
4. Victorian sterling silver jewelry dish, with another of silver plate in a later design (c. 1920s). Each are 2 ¾ inch diameter. Victorian, circa 1890s. (Est. $50+)
5. Two 14K gold miniature portrait pendants, with diamond chips. 3 cm and 2½ cm. Early 20th century. English. ($100-120 for the pair)
6. Two costume jewelry pendants of painted ladies. 4½ cm and 2½ cm. Timeless. ($50 for the pair)
7. Late 18th century silver-mounted horn & tortoise snuff box. Top lid is 3.5 cm x 7.5 cm. Marked on the bottom with a tag from over a decade ago, at last purchase: $260.
8. Champleve enamel, bronze carriage clock with decorated panels. 19th century, French. 18 cm high. ($400)
9. Artist book, by Linda Dennery: R. W. Chapman, Jane Austen: A Critical Bibliography (Oxford, 1953). ($500)
Visit and bid! These amazing items can be yours at the click of a button – all to support Chawton House!