News from the Editor of Jane Austen’s Regency World magazine: the September/October 2010 issue is published this week:
Featured on the cover is a scene from The Secret Diary of Anne Lister, the BBC’s new drama about a Georgian heiress who follows an unconventional path in life and love.
Highlights of the new issue of the magazine include:
- The Latin touch: how Jane’s fame is spreading in Brazil
- A very secret diary: the heiress Anne Lister’s love for a woman has been turned into a film
- A Cornish exile: Maggie Lane explores the life and times of Charles Austen, Jane’s seafaring brother
- Jane’s best jest: Paul Bethel compares Emma with Mansfield Park
- Required reading: Sue Wilkes explains how no Georgian gentleman could afford to miss
- Enter stage right: Jane Austen would have known the old Theatre Royal in Bath
- My Jane Austen, Marsha Huff: The outgoing president of JASNA shares her love of Jane Austen
Full details of Jane Austen’s Regency World Magazine, which is published every two months, are available on our website http://www.janeaustenmagazine.co.uk/
Jane Austen’s Regency World Magazine is also delighted to announce that it will be at the following events:
- Bath Jane Austen Festival, country fayre at the Guildhall, Bath, on Saturday, September 19
- JASNA AGM, Regency Emporium, in Portland, Oregon, October 28-30
Readers are invited to visit our stand and say hello!
[Posted by Deb, who will write more on this when it shows up in her mailbox…]