Tonight at midnight [10-7-10, Pacific Time] is the deadline for commenting on any of the blog posts on the Elizabeth Gaskell Blog Tour and to enter to win the Naxos audiobook of North and South. You can comment on my Gaskell post: Your Gaskell Library, or any of the posts below. Good luck! – Lovely prize! Laurel Ann at Austenprose will be announcing the winner tomorrow, October 8th.
- 2.) Mary Barton (1848) Book: Kelly – Jane Austen Sequel Examiner
- 3.) Cranford (2007) Movie: Laura – The Calico Critic
- 4.) Ruth (1853) Book: Joanna – Regency Romantic
- 5.) North and South (1854–5) Book: Laurel Ann – Austenprose
- 6.) North and South (2004) Movie: Maria – Fly High
- 7.) Sylvia’s Lovers (1863) Book: Courtney – Stiletto Storytime
- 8.) Wives and Daughters (1865) Book: Katherine – November’s Autumn
- 9.) Wives and Daughters (1999) Movie: Elaine – Random Jottings
- 10.) The Life of Charlotte Bronte (1857) Book & (1973) Movie, The Brontes of Haworth: JaneGS – Reading, Writing, Working, Playing
- 11. Mr. Harrison’s Confessions (1851) Book: Alexandra – The Sleepless Reader
- 12. My Lady Ludlow (1859) Book: Alexandra – The Sleepless Reader
- 13. Cousin Phillis (1864) Book: Alexandra – The Sleepless Reader
- 14.) Your Gaskell Library – a select bibliography of written resources and links to MP3′s, ebooks, audio books, other downloads and reading resources available online: Janeite Deb – Jane Austen in Vermont
- 15) Plymouth Grove – A Visit to Elizabeth Gaskell’s home in Manchester: Tony Grant – London Calling
What wonderful information and site! I ‘stumbled’ across it through the Elizabeth Gaskell connection. I, too, count North and South along with Richard Armitage as one of my favorites, second only to Jane, herself! I am a New Englander by birth and vacationed in Maine this summer. I have very recently become the Regional Coordinator for JASNA Nebraska.
Hello Martha- thanks for stopping by! Congratulations on becoming the RC for Nebraska – all for Jane – what better way to spend one’s quality spare time! Will you be at the AGM this year in Portland? – and where in New England? and Maine?
Keep in touch!