The May/June 2011 issue [ Number 51] of Jane Austen’s Regency World magazine is now on sale and has been mailed to subscribers.
In the new issue:
- Americans in Bath ~ Celebrating 50 years of the American Museum in Britain
- Battle Wounds and Bedlam ~ Living with illness in Georgian times
- Loitering with James ~ Maggie Lane asks if Jane Austen helped her brother with his periodical, The Loiterer
- Amanda Vickery Interview ~ Meet the academic who has brought the Georgians to life on TV
- Correspondence Culture ~ Kelly M McDonald* on the art of letter writing
- Our Chawton Home ~ Louise West on her plans for Jane Austen’s House Museum
- Fantastic Ferens ~ The Canaletto on display in the Ferens Gallery, Hull
Plus: All the latest news from the world of Jane Austen, as well as Letters, Book Reviews, the always difficult Quiz, a Competition, and Jottings from JAS and JASNA.
For further information, and to subscribe, visit: www.janeaustenmagazine.co.uk
*We are very pleased to see that our very own JASNA-Vermont member Kelly McDonald has another article in JARW – congratulations Kelly! You can follow Kelly on her blog Two Teens in the Time of Austen.