Day 4: Thursday 22 December 2011
For Your Enjoyment
A plug for the Jane Austen’s Regency World Magazine – if you don’t already subscribe, time to treat yourself by asking for it for Christmas; or a perfect gift for your best Jane Austen fan friend…
The next issue, Jan/Feb 2012, Issue 55 will be on sale January 1, 2012!
- An interview with P. D. James [on the cover] ~ on her love of Austen and her new book Death Comes to Pemberley
- Regency Childbirth ~ Pregnancy horrors in Georgian times
- Let it Snow, Let it Snow ~ exploring the winter weather in Jane’s novels
- Letter to Cassandra ~ the joy of seeing Austen’s handwriting
- Austen’s Contemporaries ~ the ‘other’ Jane ~ Jane Porter, and her sister Anna Maria
And of course all the regular columns from JAS, JASNA, the topical news from contemporary papers, the quiz, and so much more – even the advertisements are interesting!
You can visit the magazine’s website here.
You can subscribe online here:
- from outside the UK: £29.70 plus £9.00 postage [@ $60.74 total]
- from inside the UK: £29.70 plus £3.30 postage
…and worth every penny!